There are some traditions around this holiday, whether it is the Easter egg hunt or baking traditional breads and cakes to share with family and friends.
We got to taste a delicious sweet easter buns which our colleague and friend from Sweden baked for our Easter video shoot. It is so easy to make that it is the perfect recipe for a fun bake-time with your kids.
What you need:
a zest from 1 orange
100ml freshly pressed orange juice
100g butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
for the place:
egg for glaze
200g powdered sugar
3 tbs orange juice
1. Dissolve the yeast in the milk.
2. Add the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together on low to medium speed until it's blended together.
3. Add the butter and keep working the dough until it doesn't stick to the bowl.
4. Cover with a cloth and let rest for about 30 minutes.
5. Now, make the dough into small, round buns and place closely together in a round shape on a baking tray and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
6. Bake in a pre heated oven on 220°C for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, mix the powdered sugar and orange juice together.
8. When your cake has cooled, spread the frosting on top.
Enjoy this delicious recipe & have a lovely Easter!